15 Apr 2016

Cleaning Out My Closet - Mind Edition


Sometimes when my alarm blows up at 6.45 AM I think to myself "If I don't wake up right now, Will it actually matter?" 


I feel like I spend most mornings evaluating my self worth until eventually I snap out of it, whack the kettle on and get some breakfast down me. However I still have days where I don't even make it that far. 
From someone who suffers from Chronic pain each and every day,
I have tried to mould my everyday routine into something that benefits my body and makes me more able to complete the task in hand.
I went through at least 3-4 years of desperately trying to work myself out and trust me I'm still not there yet.
What I'm trying to say is; 
When you wake up and think 'what's the actual point of all this?'
You aren't the only one, they are perfectly normal feelings, there is no set time to figure out what makes you jump out of bed in the morning. Do what makes you happy, what makes your brain start to spark and your heart beat on overdrive. Most importantly; Do what YOU love. 
When I enter the gym I've already got my headphones in, not because I don't appreciate the sounds but once I can hear that pumping playlist, I know that I'm in this until the end of my workout. To me it's the perfect space to think, sweat and most of all achieve. 
I spent years caring SO much about what other people thought of me and this has affected my decisions and achievements. 
I hid myself away protected by a lifestyle that wasn't happy, healthy or positive. 
Everyone says they wouldn't change anything if they could go back because it's
Made them  'Who they are today' But let's be truthful, we would all tweak a few wrong turns here and there, wouldn't we?
The only people who matter are those that care about you and bring you up, every Single person has their own struggle (and most aren't visible). A popular quote I have always loved is 
'those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'.

All the rest are just passing through. 

I appreciate the people around me so much more now. 
Good friends are there to support you, so don't hide away. 
Embrace it and enjoy your life.

Each and every day is an achievement in itself. 
When you become less able to whizz about like a mad person in their teens,
Whether your body is just slowing down or you have a slight barrier setting you back, you eventually, after much frustration, start to appreciate the smaller goals. 

Set yourself easily achievable targets and gradually work toward the bigger ones. Appreciate your body and everything it goes through in just one 24 hour period. 

After all you are only one person.

Take a deep breath, open the door and enjoy today a little more than you did yesterday. 

Already progress is made.xx  
SHARE:
© TalktoTegan

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig