7 Oct 2016

An Open Letter To My Ex-Best Friend...


Hello, Are you okay? I hope this letter finds you well, happy and most of all healthy. Was it hard to start surviving on your own? 

It's been years old soul and I remember the last day we spoke. To you, I am probably a distant memory, to me, you were my growth.

 I carry no hate, not any more...


A shining wisdom beauty with experience beyond your years, you scooped me up and helped me grow. In a world full of strangers, we connected like inseparable magnets and I mirrored you like a clone. 

We trademarked the 'Pout' and drained the bleach.

I hoped one day you might step up to the plate but I am very aware there are always two sides to every story. 

My immaturity stunted me and babied my reactions, not helped by your cruel manner and poor choice of acquaintance.

 I carry no hate, not any more.

I suppose mostly what I wanted to say was that you really hurt me, dropped me like an irrelevant receipt and left me for all to see. 

Two words I longed to here;


"I'm Sorry".  Well my friend,  I am Sorry. 

I carry no hate, not any more.

I saw your face once, beyond an echoing corridor of talent and I realised that you no longer think of me. That's Okay.

The sticky floors, the fake ID's and most of all the memories. The boys we loved to hate, the lies you accused me of in my moments of lust. You were wrong, my ex-best friend. 

Only you will know, but you were wrong. My heart was breaking and you left it to rot. 

Once the backbone of a friendship breaks, The recovery is long, you pulled the plug.


We will no doubt cross paths again. After all, we have far too much in common.

I know I won't get to see you get married or watch you shine on stage, but know that I still think of you with kindness and would never trade a second of the madness. Not a day would expire without a pointless 10p text or a shop floor photo shoot. 

We have missed each others first successes and illness all the same. Friends for ever, friends always.

 I guess we sometimes lie.

I ask about you sometimes. I look back at 'MySpace' photos and think we were as close as twins.

I hope you are happy. I am happy.

I don't hate you, but I don't love you either.

I carry no hate, not any more.

From, me, your Ex-best friend.


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oh this made me emotional. I'm posting something similar in a couple of days (it's been a draft for months..).. Hope you're well and let's catch up soon! x

    ReplyDelete

I love to make new internet friends and hear feedback on my posts!
Please feel free to leave a comment below. Tx

© TalktoTegan

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig