14 May 2016

Learning To Let go





I have to be honest by saying that I really haven’t been taking very good care of myself recently. I've started feeling a bit groggy and when the sun made an appearance, I wacked my shorts on and they were feeling rather snug!  Now I’m feeling the effects, so I decided to switch my diet up a bit and get active. I love the open air, I grew up in Norwich and being close to the sea was definitely taken for granted at the time, so I’ve made a positive change and set aside space in the diary for  ‘Outside time’.  Getting out in the open is SO important and it always makes me feel more energised and more productive.  There is a lake that is covered in green, seating areas and outside gym equipment just a few minutes away from my house. It’s a perfect place to get in some exercise, appreciate the beautiful scenery and get some proper fresh air.  I’ve started going for a gentle run around the lake with a friend, it distracts me because we are probably nattering and without even realising it, you motivate one another! So I would definitely say having a buddy if possible is a great idea. We’ve all been there when we are all set to go for a run outside, we get all dressed up in our favourite leggings, get two minutes down the road and feel like we can’t breathe, get disheartened and give up. I managed to run the whole way around the lake and was flabbergasted that I didn’t pass out!  The key to this was no pressure, if we slowed down it didn’t matter as long as we KEPT MOVING! I felt automatically better and it made me enjoy my dinner more and crave less sweet stuff. I’m making a change in my life to stop holding on to silly worries. I have a quote on my bedroom wall that reads ‘Don’t ruin a good today by thinking about a bad yesterday. Let it go’. I’m going to start practicing what I preach and you should too. 






















SHARE:
© TalktoTegan

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig