7 May 2016

Finding Your Perfect Nude




Chanel - 515 Peche Nacree // BarryM - 41 Tiki Hut // Chanel - 661 Precious Beige // OPI - Altar Ego

Poundland - Time to Shine // Essie - Spin The Bottle // Primark - PS... // Lottie London - Sand Castle


I am always on the lookout for the perfect nude, it has become one of my obsessions. Within certain professions it is not permitted to wear bright colours on your fingertips and it has naturally turned into my mission to find the most subtle yet striking and clean pinky nude shade. So let me introduce to my gang of nudies! My chosen shades are a mix of high end to high street and are a perfect fit for spring/summer. 
Chanel - 515 Peche Nacree Now this is definitely my 'Goto' shade when it comes to a pink polish, it requires only two light coats and leaves a gorgeously reflective ballet pink. Just in case this shade isn't available 'Ballerina' is a close twin colour. One thing I will say is that the Chanel lacquer shades do take a little longer than usual to dry. So give yourself a solid 45 minutes, sit back and you will not be disappointed. I feel Chanel have received some bad press based on the chippyness of the 'Le Vernis' polish, I now own over 13 shades and as long as I am patient when drying and apply a good quality top coat, I often reach 14 days with no signs of wear. Patience is a virtue ladies! If we can last 6 hours on a night out in 6" heels, I'm pretty sure we can spend an extra few minutes on our manicure. This also speaks for Chanel - 661 Precious Beige which is more of an understated nude. It is so elegant and screams high end.
BarryM - 41 Tiki Hut Now this is part of the Barry M 'Coconut Infusion' range which has been designed to be used without a base coat. This is due to the healthy nutrients that will infuse, hydrate and protect the nail. So if you're short of a base coat and its a couple of weeks until payday, try this out. Its a gorgeous beige brown and also smells great!
OPI - Altar Ego This shade from OPI is a nearly clear varnish and perfect for when the boss wont allow you to look glam. Its almost translucent but provides the protection and strengthening you need with an added  light pearl shine. 
Poundland - Time to Shine I am still flabbergasted by this one from POUNDLAND!! Yes that's right, this was £1 folks! This is definitely going to end up flying off the shelves. I was expecting poor quality but instead I got a gorgeous candyfloss pink in just two light coats. Amazing!
Essie - Spin The Bottle I don't think I have ever been disappointed with an Essie polish and they always seem to reel in the compliments when out and about. This is a semi-sheer nude and is perfect for date night.
Primark - PS... Now this shade was also impressive, at only £1.25 from Primark, I didn't exactly have high hopes. However, when twice applied lightly this duped Chanel Precious beige and I could not believe my eyes. Its buildable and resembles that of a shellac manicure. 
Lottie London - Sand Castle So you caught me rummaging through the beauty counter in TK MAXX and that is where I discovered Lottie London polish. But you're in luck because this one stroke sandy beige is now available at Superdrug.
Now I know what you're thinking, What about the last collection polish in the picture? well my friends, this watery, clumpy polish costing £2.99 doesn't bare thinking about.
All these shades make up my perfect nudey pink collection and I'm always excited to find new contenders. Now do I remove all this and pick just one shade for the week? Or rock it out nude 'Dexter' style?! 



















R E A D M O R E
SHARE:
© TalktoTegan

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig